CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Allow Me to Introduce Myself....

Hello! My name is Teresa Thompson. I am in my Senior year here at Michigan State University and I am an Elementary Education major. My teaching minors are English and Mathematics. I have wanted to be a teacher since I can remember. Growing up my favorite "game" to play was always school and of course I was always the teacher, even though I was the youngest. I also have known that I was going to attend classes at Michigan State since third grade due to the fact that almost all of my teachers growing up attended State or were huge fans!
I am looking forward to creating this blog as part of TE 448. I enjoyed TE 348 more than I ever expected to and hope to enjoy this class just as much. I am excited to learn more about literature and the importance of variety in the classroom.

"Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."
- G. M. Trevelyan

TE 448 is a start to proving the above quote wrong. I as a future educator would like to produce a population that can see that everything is worth reading to some extent. Finally, I just hope that this class can further educate me on how to educate others using literature.

0 comments: